Non-historised Links represent data can not change or be deleted, for e.g. Stock Trades, Medical Test results etc. This data, once recorded, should not change. As such, there is no need to capture the End date of these. If you find yourself having the need to add the End Date to a LINK table, then it must be a Historized Link.
- Bitemporal data in Data Vault
- Data Vault Anti-pattern: Using a HASHKEY to generate the LINK HASHKEY
- Data Vault Anti-pattern: Including Business Keys in the SAT HASHDIFF
- Data Vault Anti-pattern: Adding column to the middle of the hashdiff
- Data Vault Anti-pattern: Using Multi-Active SAT to model data with multiple records for the same Business Key that arrive one Micro-batch
No comments to show.