A Satellite contains the descriptive attributes of a Business Key. As such, a Satellite HASHDIFF should be constructed using the only the descriptive attributes of the Business Key. The Business Key, itself, should not be part of the Satellite HASHDIFF. Note: While it is a common practice to include the Business Keys in the SAT to eliminate the need for JOINs to HUB to get the BKs, the SAT HASHDIFF should still not contain the Business Keys.
- Bitemporal data in Data Vault
- Data Vault Anti-pattern: Using a HASHKEY to generate the LINK HASHKEY
- Data Vault Anti-pattern: Including Business Keys in the SAT HASHDIFF
- Data Vault Anti-pattern: Adding column to the middle of the hashdiff
- Data Vault Anti-pattern: Using Multi-Active SAT to model data with multiple records for the same Business Key that arrive one Micro-batch
No comments to show.